How to forgive infidelity is a question which lingers in the minds of estranged wives or wives who are in the path of estrangement and such unfortunate wives are bewildered to see their husbands not uttering “I am sorry” to them.
The only thing that such types of husbands utter as an excuse is like saying “treading on the toes of the spouse” and not much. But, such acts of infidelity, though it has been exhibited by the husband for a quite long time, husbands rarely regret on it and get annoyed, if the act is discussed thread – bare.
The common reaction by husbands in such a situation is to fly away from the situation or to give lame excuses. This leads to an emotional cacophonic situation to the wife wherein she could not excuse her husband since he reacts coolly and thinks it as minor hurt to the wife. In such a tear jerking situation, the things that come across your thoughts are:
1) Bewildered by the poor response from your husband to not realize the pathetic t situation which is well seen by you.
2) As your blood boils and melancholic thoughts set in due to the husband not asking for apology.
3) Getting enmeshed in the problem with no light seen at the end of the tunnel, with your husband becoming elusive and being still harming you emotionally.
The importance of the word in marriage “I am sorry” still makes you vacillate. The lack of such word uttered by your husband makes you ignore infidelity a very tough task. The background on the need for your husband to ask for excuse may be there.
It is not only your wish to hear your husband utter the magical two words, more than that the emotional bond that has developed between husband and wife asks for that apology. They are:
- The apology serves as an acknowledgement of pain that has been caused due to this act of infidelity.
- It acts as a proof that you are discontent and hurt emotions.
- An acceptance that the pathetic situations that have been faced all along are all the results of your dishonest husband.
- A self-proclamation of your husband that his act of secret affair was a grave offence and affected the marriage contract.
- Endorsement by the husband on violating the agreement of marriage lay upon.
When the husbands fails to spell the two golden words “I am sorry” makes you cornered and wonder how to excuse infidelity.
By the way such a situation is a messy one and whatever efforts you make; to come out of such an emotional situation is herculean task. The reason being the importance you endow on words that echoes repentance.
Some wives may smoother issues and vibe with their husbands without such acts of repentance in the case of infidelity. The longevity of such relationship is a big question mark as the relationship lacks trust which will break the family sooner or later.
So, the act of repenting is a must for such dishonest husbands. At the same time if they don’t do it, it is up to you to get your ideas reviewed.